3-D Secure™ Payer Authentication Solutions
Our solution, cGate®SecureVerify, is a fully compliant payer authentication solution for Verified by Visa and MasterCard®SecureCode™ designed to protect international online merchants from fraudulent transactions.
Based on the Card Associations’ 3-D Secure™ technology, cGate®SecureVerify provides verification to the merchant that the buyer is the authorized owner of a card account, thereby reducing the number of unauthorized payments, resulting in fewer chargebacks.
We can offer 3-D Secure™ as part of our gateway services or as a standalone service for other banks and gateways. The advantage of 3-D Secure only is that the merchant has the ability to identify the enrolment status of the cardholder and their issuing bank prior to the payment authorisation. This allows merchants to predetermine chargeback liability shift rights on the pending transaction before it is authorised and settled.
Protecting Online Sales Income With Chargeback Liability Shift
Both Visa and MasterCard offer chargeback liability shift for fraud related chargebacks (otherwise known as “I didn’t do it chargebacks” when transactions are authenticated through Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™.
- Verifies a customer’s true identity through a secure, electronic, non-face-to-face authentication process
- Verifies that the online purchaser at the merchant web site is the authorized owner of a card account (prior to authentication process)
- Enables all parties in an eCommerce payment transaction to transmit confidential and valid payment data
- Offers immediate protection from fraud-related chargebacks (“I didn’t do it” chargebacks). Reason Codes 23/83
- Provides anonymouse Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode enrolment screening
- Available in Latin America/Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and North American cardholder regions
Our cGate®SecureVerify Verified by Visa and MasterCard® SecureCode™Payer Authentication solution is the ultimate in online fraud protection and vastly improves payment services for global Internet merchants.