Work for FAC
First Atlantic Commerce (FAC) is an international, multi-currency payments and online risk management solutions provider, based in Bermuda, supporting online merchants and Acquiring banks throughout Europe, the Latin American Caribbean Region (LACR) and Mauritius.
To attract the best, we offer a range of benefits that include an attractive company pension scheme, personal banking benefits, career training and mentoring, and generous vacation packages to ensure a healthy life, work balance.
If you would like to work in a highly charged, dynamic environment, that affords you meaningful career progression, please email your resume to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead
First Atlantic Commerce Limited (FAC), currently invites applications for the position of Senior Software Engineer/Team Lead.
This is a hands-on position, performing in a team lead role having the responsibility of being the senior software architect on the applications support and development team and lead support engineer for supporting the various business applications in use. This position will also require regular interaction with management, clients and where necessary, vendors.
- Collaborating with business & systems analysts and developers, in developing and initiating new software programs and applications
- Developing an awareness of programming and design alternative
- Taking an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed
- Directing research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Researching, documenting, and implementing program requirements and specifications
- Consistently writing, translating, and coding software programs and applications according to specifications
- Running and monitoring performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administering diagnostic analysis of test results and delivering solutions to critical areas
- Cultivating and disseminating knowledge of application development best practices
- Gathering statistics, preparing and writing reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members
- Determining, developing, and maintaining user manuals and guidelines
- Installing software products for end users as required
- Liaising with software vendors for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Liaising with network administrators, systems analysts, developers, and other software developers to resolve any defects in products or company systems
- Recommending, scheduling, and performing software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations
- Training, leading and providing guidance to junior software development staff
- Providing leadership and guidance in performing the necessary analysis tasks associated with developing, evaluating, implementing, upgrading and/or maintaining all applications in use
- Providing out of hours support on a rotating 24×7 basis, as required
- Conducting quality assurance and change control for all application upgrades and development in accordance with FAC policies and standards
- Assisting with Disaster Recovery Planning and implementation to include hardware and software
The Successful Applicant must have:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Software development professional certifications/qualifications or a minimum of 10 years related work experience, 3+ years in a leadership role
- 3+ Years Architecting projects on the.NET Platform
- Thorough knowledge of systems development life cycle and a general understanding of various development methodologies and how/when to apply them
- Broad knowledge of systems (e.g. various programming languages, database management, system architectures, relational data base theory, structured design approaches, etc.)
- Extensive database and operating systems experience with MS-Windows Server 2003 – 2008, SQL server 2005-2008
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including TCP/IP, HTML, XML, 3 tier software architecture
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience demonstrating good judgment in identifying issues and recommending solutions to others
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential